Hello my beautiful friends,
If you have been following my journey you must be knowing how much I love my natural oils. I’ve been a fan of lemon oil, neem oil to name a few. As much as I love these oils, it has always been difficult to zero down to a brand that is completely natural. With essential oils, you just cannot risk using artificially synthesized ones. But, fret not. I’ve got you an all natural option.
Introducing Meraki Essentials – A Natural Oils brand from India.
I recently found Meraki Essentials on Instagram and was really interested because of the fact that they made 100% natural oils. In this article, I will share my experience and the different ways I use Meraki Essentials Tea Tree Oil and Peppermint Oil. I chose Tea Tree and Peppermint Oil from their range because I find the blend of these two oils to be very calming, healing and their aroma fill my soul.
Tea Tree is oil is called the ‘Warrior Potion’ at Meraki Essentials because of it’s powerful anti-bacterial nature. Tea Tree Oil is said to have the most medicinal properties because of its stimulating and penetrating nature. Tea Tree oil helps in curbing acne, fights dandruff, heals insect bites and stimulates blood circulation.
Peppermint Oil is called the ‘Frosty Potion’ at Meraki Essentials; owing to it’s cool, refreshing sensation and the calming effect it induces through its aroma or topical application. It helps in relaxing muscles and relieving pain, deep cleansing and decongesting the skin and skin inflammation.
Different ways in which I use Tea Tree and Peppermint Oils:
1. My favourite is to use a blend of tea tree oil and peppermint oil, and add it to my bath. I cannot tell you how soothing and relaxing it feels to have an aromatic bath. I add a couple of drops of both tea tree and peppermint oil to my bath. There is something about the hot water bath and the aroma emanating from these oils, that just fills my soul and leaves me energised.
Healing begins with an aromatic bath and daily massage – Hippocrates.
2. Add a few drops of tea tree oil and peppermint oil to your shampoo. If you suffer from dandruff and scalp psoriasis, this blend is great for you. These oils are anti-bacterial so it’s great to treat these conditions. It stimulates the scalp and energizes the mind. Personally, I love the stimulating effect it has on my scalp and I use it to keep my scalp and hair in good condition.
3. Applying a few drops of tea tree oil mixed with my foot cream keeps my feet soft and clean. If you suffer from toe nail fungus, mix tea tree oil with any moisturizer / carrier oil of your choice and apply it on your toes.
4. I also prefer to add a few drops in hot water for a relaxing steam facial. Steam facial is a relaxing way to treat yourself at the comfort of your home. It promotes circulation, prevents clogging of pores and the blend of tea tree + peppermint oil also frees your nasal passage.
5. Last but not the least, I prefer to add essential oils to a lot of my DIY’s.
Keep reading to find out how you can come up with a quick DIY for an edible lipscrub infused with the benefits of peppermint, lemon, honey and coconut oil. Irresistible? Lets get started. 🙂
Edible Peppermint Lip Scrub –
You will need:
2 tbsp of Sugar.
Sugar is a gentle scrub and is perfect for use on lips as they are sensitive. It is important that you use organic sugar. I use 24 Mantra Organic Sulphurless Sugar. It’s a great option.
5 ml of Coconut Oil.
Coconut Oil helps to moisturize your lips and leave it soft and smooth. I have used pure, cold-pressed coconut oil.
5 ml of Raw Honey.
Raw honey is again great for moisturizing your lips. Raw Honey is always good. If you do not have Raw Honey, you can also use normal honey. Just make sure its natural and organic.
1 ml of Lemon Essential Oil.
Lemon Oil helps in de-tanning and removing pigmentation from your lips. Also, the aroma when combined with peppermint is beautiful. I have used Soulfower Lemon Essential Oil. You can try Meraki Essentials Lemon Oil here.
2 ml of Peppermint Essential Oil.
The star ingredient. A drop of Meraki Essentials Peppermint Oil takes this lip scrub to a whole new level. You can now make your own enticing lip scrub that smells and works well at home. Peppermint Oil helps in stimulating your lips and improves circulation. This will make your lips plump and fuller.
That’s it for this DIY. It is simple, effective and smells divine. Do try it out and tell me how it works for you. Make sure to use only natural ingredients in your DIY to reap maximum benefits.
Also, tag us – #swativijayans and #merakiessentials on Instagram if you use any of these essential oils or try this DIY. It will make our day. 🙂
Now for the BIG SURPRISE:
Meraki Essentials have given a discount of 10% on all their products for Woman Spice readers. Use the code MERDEC10 on Amazon.in to get a 10% off. This code is valid from 24th Dec 2016 to 01st Jan 2107 only. Grab the opportunity and go shop. 🙂