Hello, beautiful people,
When I started blogging, I never thought I would write a ‘pregnancy’ article on my blog ever! But, here I am 38 weeks pregnant and penning down my first ‘pregnancy’ article for this blog. I plan to do a bunch of articles and videos related to pregnancy and my journey in the coming months. There are quite a few things I learnt and experienced that I want to share it with my readers here.
They say you can never be prepared enough for the experience of having a baby. No matter how ‘well prepared’ we think we are, we will probably be in for some surprises! Having said that, it certainly helps to be organized and be as ready as possible. And, packing your hospital bag gets you ready (at least mentally)!
What’s in my Hospital Bag (For Mom & Baby)
In this video, I share with you a few items that I consider as essentials when packing a hospital bag. However, this video was filmed as and when I was packing and it could be possible that I missed adding a few things – especially the ones that I would be packing towards the end. For that sake, I’ve created a comprehensive checklist that includes all the essentials that I have covered in this video + some more that are not a part of this video.
While you are here, I would really appreciate if you could subscribe to my Youtube Channel. It would totally make my day.
Hospital Bag (For Mom & Baby) – A comprehensive checklist
- Maternity / Hospital Gowns
- Front Open T Shirts – Jockey has great ones.
- Pyjamas / Leggings
- Nursing Bra (Or any comfortable bra)
- Comfortable Underwears
- Cotton Stole
- Maternity / Sanitary Pads
- Reusable Breast Pads – Mee Mee Reusable Pads are great & sustainable!
- Travel Pillow
- Eye Mask
- Laundry Bags
- A sipper bottle
- Your regular medication (if any)
- Baby Dress (New Born Size) – Simple tshirts and jablas work great for new borns.
- Baby Towels
- Mattress Protector – Good ones here.
- Cotton Reusable Wipes
- Neonatal Diapers
- Wet Wipes – Mama Earth Bamboo Wipes are great
- Baby Wraps / Swaddle
- Mittens, Socks
- Sweater (for winter babies)
- Baby Nail Cutting Scissors
- Pee Buddy – This one is a saviour, ladies!
- V Wash Cleanser & Wipes
- Abzorb Clotrimazole Dusting Powder
- Nipple Butter – I used Mama Earth Nipple Butter and loved it.
- Toiletries (Shampoo, Conditioner, Soap, Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Facewash, Moisturizer, Lip Balm)
- Hair ties, clips and comb
- Any natural deodorant
- Aromatherapy Kit with your favorite essential oils
- A good massage oil
- Hospital File – Blood Work & Scan Reports
- Insurance Card
- Cheque Book
- Liquid Cash
- Credit & Debit Cards
- Books to read
- Laptop + Charger
- Phone + Charger
- Camera / Video Camera (Check out my photography essentials here!)
Is there anything else you would add to this list?
Please share your must-have items with everyone in the comments below!
Do visit The Shop which is a personally curated compilation of all my favourite things & products that I use on a day-day basis. I am sure you will find something useful for yourself.
Connect with me on Instagram for daily musings. Thank You for reading!