If you are an old time reader of this blog, you may already be aware of my love for natural deodorants. My tryst with natural deodorants started way back in 2016. I found natural & clean ways to treat body odour and I have not gone back to using the conventional, chemical-laden deodorants since then.
Both my previous blogs on this topic were DIY recipes which you may read here –
While they work beautifully on their own, I do understand that sometimes (especially during travels) we cannot whip up a DIY. So, today I bring to you a pocket-size deodorant by Aroha Life that has a list of clean ingredients and is devoid of harmful chemicals like – Aluminum Compounds, Triclosan, Propylene Glycol and other chemical additives/preservatives.
Aroha – Natural Deodorants
Aroha deodorants come in 3 variants – Floral, Woodsy and Citrus. Apart from the different essential oils used for fragrance all their deodorants consist of the following ingredients.
Pure Mango Butter
Virgin cold pressed Coconut Oil
Non-nano Zinc Oxide
Stearic Acid (Derived from plants and is 100% natural)
I must say, I am quite impressed by their ingredient list. Apart from Non-nano Zinc Oxide, all other ingredients used are 100% natural.
Just wanted to add that Non-nano Zinc Oxide is considerably safer than Zinc Oxide (a.k.a Nano Zinc Oxide) because it cannot be absorbed by the skin.
Overall, no dangerous chemicals!
For such clean ingredients, this deodorant works like a charm.
As I mentioned before, there are 3 variants of these deodorants – Floral Spell, Woodsy Essence & Citrus Punch.
Floral Spell – A beautiful blend of Ylang Ylang and Lavender essential oils. This one is perfect for ladies and the scent lingers for a couple of hours.
Woodsy Essence – A blend of Myrrh & Lavender essential oils, this one is not high on fragrance and smells more like coconut butter. I am not a huge fan of this fragrance, but, nevertheless works beautifully and the smell is quite neutral so can be used by both men and women.
Citrus Punch – A blend of Sweet Orange, Grapefruit and Geranium Essential oils, this one screams summer to me. I absolutely love the refreshing fragrance and again it is very neutral so can be used by both men and women.
The pocket-size deodorants are priced at Rs.135 for 12g. One deodorant lasts me for more than a month and I find it to be a good deal.
Now that we are done discussing the basic details, let me tell you my thoughts on this product.
- First off, the 24-hour protection claim is absolutely true and I don’t see any body-odour issues after applying this one. I apply it just once in the morning after a shower and I am good for the entire day.
- The formula is not very buttery which I feel is good because this deodorant does not melt as such. You may or may not see a residue on the skin after using this product, but, this does not interfere with the way it works. The residue (if any) eventually blends out naturally.
- I tried using this on freshly waxed/shaved underarms and I did not face any irritation or burning sensation. Remember, this does not have alcohol? So, bye-bye burning!
- The packaging is clean and very travel-friendly. I would have been happier if these pocket-sized deodorants also came in cardboard packaging just like the regular, full-sized ones. That would have made this product completely Eco-Friendly.
- It is important to keep in mind that a natural deodorant like this helps in keeping body odour at bay, but, it is not an antiperspirant. Which means you will sweat (It is good to sweat!) but you will not smell bad. Personally, I feel one should never use an antiperspirant because it actually stops the body’s natural process of sweating and is dangerous.
We need to sweat to release the toxins!
- Lastly, I would like to add that natural deodorants are not a replacement for your perfumes. If you love your fragrances, invest in a classic perfume.
I think that is all I have to share with you today. This product has clearly made to my favourites list and I am thoroughly enjoying using this. I would recommend that you read these FAQ’s so that you understand more about natural deodorants.
Buy Aroha Life deodorants here
To sum up, I would like to say that quitting the commercial deodorants are going to be difficult. But, it is not impossible when there are brands like Aroha Life that try to make cleaner and responsible products.
This blog is in collaboration with Aroha Life. I enjoyed working with this brand and I am glad to have gotten the opportunity to introduce this useful product to you all. Thank You, Aroha Life for the wonderful opportunity.
Connect with me on Instagram for daily musings. Thank You for reading!